Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Jeans for New Year's Eve?

Back home we have a bunch of New Year's Eve superstitions. We'll wear white party clothes for dinner. Your underwear should also be white, and new. There are fireworks after the countdown, welcoming the New Year. And if we're at the beach, we'll jump seven waves for good luck.

There were no fireworks after the countdown, and no waves to jump at sub-zero temperatures. I welcomed the New Year ice skating in my pink snow outfit. And wearing Jeans on my finger tips. ;-)

My plan was to layer Jeans with Prata (both Colorama), but it didn't work out that well. I started with two Prata coats, which is a very light silver with shimmer and pearl finishes. I layered one coat of Jeans on top, but the coverage wasn't good, requiring a second coat. The Prata was pretty much 'gone' by then...

I needed some sparkle for New Year's, which I achieved with the Cobertura Transformadora da Cor - Reflexos Azulados (Colorama), that blue shimmer top coat.

My New Year's resolution? Improve my layering techniques! ;-)

A few days later, before removing the manicure, I played with the matte finish once again (Cobertura Fosca da Cor - Efeito Fosco, Colorama).

It looked better than before, both the nail and the picture. It's nice and rewarding to see my techniques (and the photographer's) improving with time.


xoxo

PRIS

No comments:

Post a Comment