Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The reason behind the blog

Being a Brazilian expat living in Canada, the internet is what connects me to family and friends living 5,000 miles away in sunny Brazil.

When I moved here, I brought along my nail care kit and a few sheer white and pink polishes. Light sheer pink was as bold as I got! But it all changed during my last trip home, in August/September 2011. I came back with darker and colourful polishes, and have been a bit more adventurous ever since. ;-)

I started taking pictures of such adventures and sending them by email to my sister, aunts, and cousins. After a while, I thought it would be a good idea to upload the pictures and leave them here, for them to see it whenever they wanted. And other people can see it too.

My blog "Unhas da Pri Piluinha" is in Portuguese, for them to follow. I thought it would be a good idea to have an English version for my Canadian and English-speaking friends, both in the real world and in the blogosphere, as I've been following quite a few blogs lately.

I like posting my manicures in sequence. It definitely won't be real time for now, except for the occasional interruption. Pictures should be in the same order in both blogs (for the most part). The text, however, will not be an exact translation. There are stories and jokes that mean nothing in English... Therefore, I'm calling this an English version of the blog, and not an English translation.

Enough said. Time to bring the posts here. :-)



xoxo

PRIS

No comments:

Post a Comment